ТЕМА: http://www.raysfanproshop.com

http://www.raysfanproshop.com 4 років 10 місяцыв тому #26294

• zhangzk
  • zhangzk аватар
  • АВТОНОМНО
  • Елітний учасник
  • Дописи: 219
  • Репутація: 0
MESA http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-evan-longoria-jersey , Ariz. (AP) — Chicago Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts apologized to the team’s players and coaching staff at spring training on Monday for any distraction caused by offensive racist emails written by his father.“The emails that were in there were unacceptable and had no place. My father has no direct role or economic interest in the team. That doesn’t represent what this organization is,” Tom Ricketts said after addressing the team. “I also said: ‘Look, I’m sorry for the distraction this may have created the last couple days. We need to focus on baseball. We need to get back to our winning ways. We need to get off to a fast start.’ The last thing the organization needs is more off-the-field distractions.'”Joe Ricketts’ emails were published by Splinter News and included Islamophobic comments, such as “Islam is a cult and not a religion.” Other emails discussed conspiracies about former President Barack Obama’s birthplace and education.Tom Ricketts said he was surprised by the emails because “our family was never raised that way. I’ve never heard my father say anything that was even remotely racist. It just isn’t our family values.”Joe Ricketts, who founded TD Ameritrade, apologized. Tom Ricketts said in statement that his father’s emails don’t reflect the values of the Cubs.“The fact is he acknowledged that they were inappropriate emails and expressed regret. He apologized. Those aren’t the values that my family was raised with,” Tom Ricketts said. “His statements, both of them, are good, and fair. He acknowledges that those kind of statements cause pain. But I love him. He’s my dad. He’s a great man. He’s done incredible things. He’s helped children all over the world through his charities.”Tom Ricketts insisted he can’t do anything about the emails now but can use this situation as an opportunity for positive action.The Cubs and the Chicago office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations announced Tom Ricketts had met with leaders of several Muslim groups in what the team said was a step to take “genuine, meaningful and visible steps toward combating Islamophobia, bigotry and racism.”“We’ll follow through on all that stuff. The fact is it’s just kind of fresh. We want to make sure we do it right. We’ll make sure that our actions back up our words Adeiny Hechavarria Jersey ,” Tom Ricketts said.Ricketts termed the decision to leak the emails unfortunate.“I’m not sure what anyone gains from this,” he said.In his annual state-of-the Cubs spring address, Ricketts said shortstop Addison Russell “did well” when he publicly discussed behavior that prompted a 40-game suspension under baseball’s domestic violence policy. Russell missed the final 11 regular-season games plus a wild-card playoff loss to ColoradoWhile Russell generally addressed allegations made by ex-wife Melisa Reidy, he did not detail actions that led to the discipline.“From the very beginning we reached out to Melisa and tried to think, ‘What is the best possible answer for all the individuals involved?'” Ricketts said. “We’re all just hoping this was an experience he’ll learn from and never be in the same situation again.” Matt Moore faces surgery, Matthew Boyd and Niko Goodrum are good, along with some other random bits."These past 10 days have not been kind to the Tigers after a solid start to the season. Along with the numbers piling up in the loss column, the injured list is also seeing its share of unfortunate visitors. Matt Moore, who re-injured the meniscus in his right knee in the third inning of a game against the Kansas City Royals on April 7, is scheduled to go under the knife on Wednesday. The full extent of the damage will remain unknown until the arthroscopic procedure has been performed, but the best-case scenario is that he will only be out for four to six weeks.Meanwhile, Jordy Mercer is out with an injured right quadricep muscle Sergio Romo Jersey , which occurred running the bases on a double he hit against the Minnesota Twins last Saturday. He was placed on the 10-day injured list, with Ronny Rodriguez getting promoted in his place. There is no indication that the injury is severe, so it is expected that Mercer will return when his 10 day stint expires.Talking about Matt BoydAfter getting swept in a weather-shortened two-game series by the Minnesota Twins and losing on Tuesday to the Pittsburgh Pirates in extra innings, the Detroit Tigers are feeling a bit down. But all is not doom and gloom in Tigerland. So far during this fresh 2019 season, Matt Boyd has been good. Really good. How good? Sung Min Kim outlines Boyd’s torrid start (with a shout-out to our very own Brandon Day) in this article published at FanGraphs. While Boyd’s current pace seems unsustainable, he still appears to have taken the next step in his development as a major league pitcher. Still not convinced? Max’s Sports Studio published a piece earlier this month that investigated Boyd’s progress from the perspective of spin rates. Long story short, there are some clear adjustments that he has made in his release point that may have allowed him to increase the spin rate on his fastball and slider, and the results have been phenomenal. Niko is Good(rum)Tigers general manager Al Avila catches a lot of flak from the fanbase for many of the decisions he has made since taking over for Dave Dombrowski. But if there is one thing he appears to be good at, it is his ability to find diamonds in the rough. Niko Goodrum is the latest example of that skill. This article from the Pitcher’s List goes in depth on what makes Niko so special. If Goodrum can keep up this level of performance, he will be a much-needed feather in Al Avila’s cap and a huge asset to the Tigers’ lineup.Random bitsThe Detroit Tigers logo has gone through many changes over the years, and being a franchise that has persisted for well over a century, there have been many ups and downs. I’m not sure if this would be classified as an “up” or “down” moment http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-evan-longoria-jersey , but I assume that is a baseball on the tiger’s head — it looks more like a physician’s head mirror to me, though.La Tortuga! If you don’t enjoy watching this guy play, then you hate baseball. Signed, erstwhile non-believer. Baseball is dead, RIP 1958.That spin rate, though. Strutting around the blockThe Detroit Tigers honored a girl who faced down racism, then wrote about it. MLB is investigating racist messages sent to Cubs pitcher Carl Edwards Jr. on social media. Miguel Cabrera catches a third-party lawsuit from ex-business partners. Jake Rogers mashed two dingers last night. The Milwaukee “f* the umpire” Brewers have now caused three umpires to leave the game due to injury over the past three series. Casey Mize is a stud, according to one scout who is very well dialed-in.
Адміністратор заборонив доступ на запис.
Час відкриття сторінки: 0.105 секунд